Monday, April 11, 2011

Yogi Berra

Instead of walking up the hill (in the cold and rain) tonight we found some yoga instruction on Netflix.  And lemme just tell you I did some things tonight (and tried some things) that my body just plain old is NOT able to do.  Wow.  And it's not like you're jumping up and down, nope.  You're holding your body up on your hands and pushing yourself into an inverted V with your butt in the air, feet flat on the ground.  I cannot do the shoulder stands.  Just can't.  And there's one, I think it's called The Plow, it's evil.  I can't do it.  Hubby on the other hand finally made it to the point that his knees were resting on his forehead and toes on or near the floor.  The thing is, we did 30 minutes.  And talked about it afterwards and said "if we do this again, at least once or twice a week for a month we will be much better at it."  Interesting after-effects:  I got a headache and my stomach ached, almost nauseous and I was thisclose to having a charlie-horse in my left calf after siting on the ground and holding onto my foot (leg outstretched).  I will be very interested to see where I am with this in a month.  It's exercise.  And I feel much better having done it.

Had McDonald's for breakfast again.  Those damn sandwiches are my downfall.  English muffin, egg and cheese.  And so not good for me.  I'm still hungry a couple of hours later so I know it's not good for me.  If only oatmeal tasted like that sandwich does!!  Had a salad from Jack in the Box for lunch. (yeah, I know....much better idea to make my own lunch, I need salad stuff) Didn't use all the dressing, but did leave the cheese on it.  *sigh*  Came home and had an apple and then after doing yoga with hubby ate home-made Pho.

I know it's a game that I just need to believe I like.  This exercise stuff.  I always feel better when I'm done.  But I rarely want to begin.  Just keep swimming.  Every day.  Little by little I will do it.  I'm back to minus 36 pounds.  I want to reach 40 by the end of the month.  Just have to keep moving.  I can do this.

One day.  One step.  One pound at a time.
~N

No comments:

Post a Comment