Wednesday, April 6, 2011

teeeny tiny little steps

ok so 2 weeks have gone by since I've either charted my stuff in weight watchers or been on here to really blog.  How this happens, this time flying by I don't know.  But I can tell you I've still not gotten the exercise daily habit going. We've had company one weekend, then last weekend went out of town to see a bunch of friends and if there was a carb around me I inhaled it.  It is so much easier to eat food that is good for me when I'm at home.  Going out to dinner is NOT easy on a low carb, high veggie diet.

So, confessions:  arabian food - falafels, rice and yummy flat bread, Spaghetti Factory, drinks drinks and more drinks, french toast, breakfast scramble.  I think there are more things but those are the highlights.  And not much walking.

But today I walked up heart attack hill in the rain and hail.  And it didn't feel quite as bad as the last time I trudged up the hill.   So there's that.

And I didn't go out to eat today.  Oatmeal with banana.  Stir-fry vegetables, medium sweet potato with some sprays of "I can't believe it's not butter" (not on my current diet list but not as bad as putting real butter on), coffee, an apple and soon to be eaten stir fry and Pho.

And now for something completely different:

Am having a conflict of sorts regarding one of my favorite past times:  watching tv.  He hates it.  Thinks it's a total waste of time and energy (which I won't argue against) and I like to sit and just veg.  He has told me again, and again and just tonight again that he would rather me be on Facebook (which he also loathes) than watch tv.  So, all you out there that deal with conflicts at home.... share the ideas.  I have told him that I'm not going to stop watching tv.  That I will choose to watch with headphones to not bug him, because he lives here too and I feel like I should be fair.  But at the same time...I am not stopping.  In fact, sadly I will admit here and now to my stubbornness...., the more he talks to me about it the more I want to watch it.  Deliberately.  Yup, that's oppositional if not defiance.   And it's very, very ME.  So, new to this marriage stuff I ask for ideas or examples on how you have dealt with conflict in your relationships.  I'm open to trying new ideas.  But I am not letting go of the remote.   There's your topic....discuss...

One day.  One step.  One pound at a time.
~N

No comments:

Post a Comment