Sunday, April 10, 2011

just keep swimming

Ok, it wasn't every single day this week but it was almost every single day.  I purposefully did exercise.  Mostly walking up heartattack hill with hubby, but hey that counts.  And while he has said he will start dragging me up it (resulting in a "I dare you to try buddy" look from me) he hasn't had to.  Yesterday it was yard work (me vs. dandelions) and that counts!!

I've done better at the food this week.  I just can't go back to the old ways of eating.  It doesn't feel good.  So, it's been a concerted effort to find new things to eat, and have them available when I'm hungry (because as I've established, I am NOT patient).

Have been recently inspired by friends on facebook land who are making exercise a part of their daily life.  And I keep repeating to myself "you know you can do it".  It's been a matter of making the habit to (before assuming the dent on the couch after work) going straight to the room to change into walking outfit and tennis shoes (New Balance) and leave the house before doing anything else at night.  I've let go of the fantasy that I'll wake up at 5am dying to walk.  It's just not going to happen right now.  Maybe someday.  Right now my fantasy is 1 whole week where I walk every day.  For 10 minutes.  And then we'll see.

One day.  One step.  One pound at a time.
~N

No comments:

Post a Comment